Saturday, June 19, 2010

Old School? I think not!

Finally made it to Michael's to grab a scrapbook for the newest addition.  I get there, I look at EVERY single book they have, but could not seem to find the type of scrapbook I was looking for.  I use the kind with the spiral bind.  The ones where you can scrap directly onto the page.  Michael's is where I have always found them in the past. Canson makes them.  Needless to say, I start getting frustrated because I cannot find this style.  My hormones start kicking in and I am on the verge of tears!  Finally I find a worker and ask her to help me find the scrapbook.  I describe the style I am looking for and she looks at me like I am crazy!  "Honey" she says, "We haven't carried those type of scrapbooks in years, those are the OLD SCHOOL style of scrapbooks."  Are you freaking kidding me?  I'm 32 years old, my way of doing things is "OLD SCHOOL"?  I don't want the type of book that has the stupid page protectors, they are like $30 each and well, I just don't like them.  They look like a photo album, not a scrapbook. Sooooo, I refuse to give Michael's my business and decide that I am sooooooo intelligent that I will find one online.  I go to Amazon, they have them, but the 12x12 size I need.  I went to the Cansonwebsite and found them, but no way to purchase them (crappy website if you ask me).  Then I do a Google search and find TWO yes folks, only TWO listed on Ebay.  So I go to Ebay and find that one is listed with bidding starting at 99 cents (but a 7 day auction).  Woo Hoo I think -- then I see that the seller wants $9.95 for shipping!  She must have lost her doggone mind!  By the time you get in a bidding way you could end up pay $20 + bucks for a book and $10.00 would be the shipping!  Then I went to the other sellers site.  Her shipping was only $6.00 - still steeper than I wanted, but better than $10.00, and the bidding stopped in 5 hours.  The current bid was $5.50 so I proceeded to be a bid spender and bumped that bad boy up to -- oh yeah -- $5.55.  You know what happens next -- I win the son of a gun!  Woo Hoo!!!!  So, I got the book for right around $12.00, cheaper than I would have gotten at Micheal's anyway -- so bite me Micheal's!  It's white, but I can make that work. 

Of course, I then decided that I needed some new Cricuit cartridges so that my scrapbooking experience could be more enjoyable.  I proceeded to spend FAR too much money on three new cartridges on Amazon.  At least they were WAY cheaper than I could have gotten at Wal-Mart (which is getting rid of their craft section -- whole 'nuther story, don't get me started), Hobby Lobby or gasp Michael's.  I've been wanting new ones for a while, so I guess this project gave me a justification (for my husband) to purchase them.

Well, I guess that's enough of a vent for now!

No comments: