Wednesday, June 23, 2010

MMMMMM - I just LOVE watermelon!

OK - so while I do have issues with Wal-Mart I can honestly say that I am in L-O-V-E with Sam's.  There is something about buying like 12 pounds worth   (OK, maybe it's not that much) of salad mix for the price of a teeny tiny bag at a regular grocery store.  Then there is the fruit.  oh my freaking goodness the fruit!  There are strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, grapes, peaches, plums, nectarines, pineapples, apples, pluots - the list goes on.  The size of the containers are HUGE as compared to your normal supermarket so I really feel OK splurging on large amounts of fruit.  (because let's face it -- I try my darnedest to fit every fruit imaginable into my cart while I'm there!)  The only problem I have is getting everything to fit in my refrigerator once I get home.  I wash everything and then "re-container" (is that a word?) it into fridge friendly containers.  It makes for a good 2+ weeks (if we don't go crazy eating everything the first few days) of healthy breakfast sides (I love to mix Chobani Yogurt, fruit and Fiber One or Low fat Granola into a bowl for breakfast), lunch salad add-in, fruit salad, etc. 

Oh -- and then there is the watermelon!!!  I have recently found that I can cut a watermelon, spoon everything into containers -- with the intent of placing in the fridge -- only to find myself devouring almost the entire thing in one sitting!  Oh my!   Watermelon is very filling while you eat it so I am LITERALLY stuffing myself beyond the realms of healthy!  It is just so good!!

No comments: